1. WHY BE BAPTIZED?
Those who are baptized are following Jesus' example and obeying His command.
- "As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he was the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, 'This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.'" - Matt. 3:16-17
- "Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.'" - Matt. 28:19-20
2. WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF BAPTISM?
Water baptism is a public declaration of three very important things:
- You are a follower of Christ. "Those who accepted his message were baptized." - Acts 2:41
- You are beginning a changed life in Christ. "We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may have new life." - Romans. 6:4
- You are part of a new family. "So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ." - Galatians. 3:26-27
3. I HAVE ALREADY BEEN BAPTIZED. SHOULD I BE BAPTIZED AGAIN?
Your baptism should have signified you becoming a follower of Jesus, beginning a changed life, and uniting with a new family. If your baptism did not reflect this change of life, then you should be baptized again.
4. CAN MY CHILD BE BAPTIZED?
We will baptize anyone over the age of 7 who understands what baptism symbolizes and wants to make that personal public declaration. We encourage any parents to partner with our MC Kids and MC Warrior Student Ministries to guide your children through these decisions of faith.
OUR BAPTISM SERVICES ARE HELD THE THIRD SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH DURING THE MORNING SERVICE. If you would like to be baptized, or would like more information, please contact us by clicking HERE.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR BAPTISM, PLEASE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Come dressed in the clothes in which you wish to be baptized (unless the baptizing pastor indicates otherwise).
- Wear dark colored clothes (dark colored t-shirt and shorts or swimming trunks are fine).
- Wear a full set of undergarments.
- Be sure to bring a change of clothes, including undergarments.
- Bring a plastic bag in which to put your wet clothes.
- Bring a towel and other personal items for use after baptism (hairdryer, makeup, etc.).